Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hanged till death by chocolate

As most children love anything and everything that is sweet,especially chocolates,lollipops,candies,cookies and most importantly ICE-CREAMS,so did I when I was a lot younger,I still love ice-creams,well who doesnt,even children of 60 do.I had heard of this before but I was so not prepared for this,but the moment I saw it I knew I had signed my death warrant.The people at The Corner House call it Death by Chocolate.I went to The Corner House in Marathalli for the first time when I was in my final year college with a couple of my close friends,We had bunked a boring lecture and wanted to just hang out.The moment I looked at the list of items in the menu,I was transported to one of Enid Blyton's paradise land where I was surrounded by plenty of Ice-creams of different flavours,colours,sizes....Ooooh my sweet tooth aches just at the thought.Well..coming back to Death by chocolate,It can be bought in any Corner House in Bangalore for 84 bucks.It consists of three large scoops of vanilla ice-cream enriched with thick black forest cake spread all over it.Yum...Yum...All this is immersed in generous amounts of chocolate sauce and crowned with a cherry!!!You can ask for more sauce-at your own risk.The first mouthful can blow your mind off,it is awesome,simply delicious,feels like you are riding a giant wave!!!! The second bite is compelling,the third bite is unavoidable,the fourth bite is scrumplicious and so you go on and very slowly the truth dawns onto you (like it always does),you cant eat this mess,but you have paid a lot for this,the next consecutive spoonfuls take a herculian effort to finish and pictures of baby elephants,rhinos,hippos run through your mind.You start sweating but you still dont stop eating.(Its not the money now,there is something that doesn't let you abandon it) You feel like you are turning into a chocolate,your friends and the people around you look hazy.By the time you put your spoon down you are giddy,everything smells like chocolate-feels like the worst smell ever.No human can ever finish a death by chocolate all by himself,they are designed that way.Its advisable not to get up for some time after you are done.Try taking deep breaths and slowly walk to your vehicle.Do not drive and avoid cops for you are on a high-atleast you have the look.All said and done,I think everyone should try death by chocolate atleast once in their life and see hoe they feel about it.A better option would be to share it with 2-3 people to avoid the overdose.And also there are plenty of other treats there.There is the butterscotch icecream with caramel,chocolate mousse,ice-creams with jelly-All good!!!This place is a dream come true for ice-cream lovers.Some people say the ice-creams are expensive here but I think its worth the money and you get ice-creams from the range of Rs 35 to Rs 85.So I am all geared up for my next visit...What do I order this time? Hmmm....

No comments: